Request for Concurrent Registration

Request for Concurrent Registration

This form is to be used to request permission for an undergraduate student to take graduate level courses.

An undergraduate student who is currently pursuing a baccalaureate degree at Hawai‘i Pacific University may be granted approval to take one or more graduate courses while still an undergraduate. These courses may be used toward a graduate program with certain restrictions (see below). The student must meet the following conditions to be considered for this opportunity:

1. Have 90 earned credits towards his or her declared baccalaureate degree (including current term and transfer credits).

2. Have a cumulative HPU GPA of at least 3.00 on a minimum of 15 earned HPU credits.

3. Individual programs may have additional requirements, please see academic advisor for details.

4. Obtain approval from his or her undergraduate academic advisor and graduate faculty advisor.

5. For clarification of this process, please see your undergraduate academic advisor or graduate faculty advisor. After appropriate approvals, the form will be submitted to the Registrar's Office for processing.


1. The student must begin a graduate degree or certificate program at Hawai‘i Pacific University within one year of completing his or her undergraduate degree in order for credits to apply toward a graduate degree.

2. A maximum of 12 graduate credits taken as an undergraduate may apply toward the student’s baccalaureate degree AND a master’s degree at HPU.

3. A maximum of 6 graduate credits taken as an undergraduate may apply toward a graduate certificate.


1. Student will be notified after the concurrent approval form is submitted to the Registrar's Office and student has been registered.